Art & Spirit in Ireland – a Watercolor Pilgrimage to Sacred Sites in Magical Ireland – September 13 – 23
This is a very small group- only 9 persons, providing for an optimal small group experience
“I’m in heaven! If you ever have a chance to go to a workshop with Melissa, do it. Her inspiration, guidance and teachings have changed me. The retreat was one of the best things I have done!” Katie Crommet – MA
“I am still LIVING ON FAIRY DUST! IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST TIMES OF MY LIFE !” Connie Judson Montauk, NY
“I loved the Irish music, it was authentic and in a really intimate setting – wonderful. Seeing the sheep grazing – I never realized that the sheep could make such an impact on me. And of course the ocean and Dingle – the breath taking views, breathing the salt air and walking the beach. AND the food!!!” Linda S. Woodstock, NY
This is an invitation to those of you who would like to explore your creativity with like-minded, adventurous women in magical Ireland. Come with us and experience the beauty of Ireland in its’ best season, when the bursting flowers add more color to the emerald green landscape and the dazzling coastline welcomes us. We will delight in the charm of old Ireland, including some authentic Irish music while learning or fine- tuning the art of watercolor. This is a spiritual retreat where we make art (both process painting as well as plein air). No previous experience in art or with this medium is required. A supply list will be emailed to you upon registration.
Don’t allow your fears of “I’m not an artist” or “I haven’t painted in years” to prevent you from missing this opportunity of a lifetime. My gifts as an intuitive help me to create nurturing environments for the part of your spirit that wants to emerge to blossom.
We will convene in circles and at sacred sites to encourage our creative visions to emerge. Meditation at these places will help us to connect with the spirit of the land.
With each year I’ve taken this journey I’ve added more details and sacred sites to make in an especially magical and potent experience.
Sculpture by Patsy Preston
This will be a very small group. If you are interested register early!
paint overlooking the ocean!
Ireland is a very “thin place”. What is a thin place? It’s a place where the veils between this world and others are thin, a gateway to the other world, if you will. Thin places are subjective. For example, I may not feel particularly sensitive to strong energies in the same spot that you might. I have selected places for us on this tour that affected me profoundly; I’m enthusiastic about sharing them with you.
My nomadic nature has taken me to locations that have tugged at the edges of my soul, including numerous thin places. The oldest Goddess temples in Malta, the many sacred sites in Cornwall England, Findhorn, and other thin places in Scotland have beckoned and received my curious spirit. I’ve spent hours meditating at these spots, allowing the mystery and energies of the places to soak in while painting on site. I’m forever changed each time I do this.
Now I am excited to bring the richness of this experience to you!
As with any of my events activities are planned but I follow the flow and energies of those attending so these plans are always subject to change. The basic structure of the retreat will stay in place. I chose our locations based on geography, beauty, and comfort. The rates are based on doubles. There are limited singles. If you need a single the earlier you let me know the better and I will do my best to accommodate you.
During our days together I will be sensitive to your need to stay quiet at times or rest. You will not be required to do more than you are comfortable with and I am including some time to be still and integrate. You are welcome to opt out on any given activity if your body/mind says “stop, I need a break!”
What our time together will look like:
THE MAGICAL MIDLANDS OF IRELAND –
- 4 nights in a luxury Bed and Breakfast in Ireland’s Lake district. Here we will be able to relax and be pampered with food prepared and often raised by our gracious host.
- Beautiful home, grounds, and food locally sourced and prepared by our gourmet host. Meals here are prepared by a former London gourmet chef and will include all breakfasts, 1 or 2 lunches, and 2 specially prepared dinners with wine.
- Relaxing here with sheep and peacocks and-freedom to roam the grounds enjoying views at the top of the hill or down at the pond.
- Touring Sacred sites (circles, burial cairns etc.)
- Painting visits to castles, gardens and tea rooms.
- Authentic Irish music in our own parlor
Next, we are off to Dingle Peninsula by private bus. There are surprise visits along the way which I will share upon your registration!
In Dingle we are housed in a large retreat center near the town of Dingle complete with conservatories and a large lounge with spectacular views over Dingle Bay, the Atlantic Ocean and Ireland’s highest mountain range, the MacGillicuddy’s Reeks. The lodge has a huge private kitchen. We will take turns making breakfasts and lunches (lunches when we are not on outings). Dinners will be at a local Inn or out and about.
- Time at Inch Strand – This stupendous beach has attracted film directors as well as surfers– it has appeared in the movies Ryan’s Daughter(1970), Excalibur (1981) and Far and Away (1992), among others.
- meditation in the beautiful sun room before we begin our creations, both inner and outer
- scenic drives to sacred sites
- retail therapy in the shops
- enjoying some traditional Irish music at pubs. Dingle is one of the most vibrant centers for this
I’ve managed to put this amazing retreat together at a very reasonable price. I will do my best to accommodate your sleeping requests. First come, first serve.
For payment by CHECK. (preferred and no credit card commission or admin fees). Shared accommodations ~One- time payment of $2650 in full shared accommodations or 4 payments of $662.50 SINGLE in both locations: SUPPLEMENT $500 – limited singles available – reserve quickly – one payment of $3150 or 4 payments of $787.50 Partial single (single in second location only ~ One payment of $2,900 or 4 payments of $725 Small single off of a shared room– one payment of $2,500 or 4 payments of $625
Make checks out to Melissa Harris and send to PO Box 56 West Hurley, NY 12491. No need to fill out payment form online, just email me to reserve your spot and to let me know you are sending a check right out.
For payment by credit card there is an additional $100 to cover cc fees
If you need to make different arrangements connect with Melissa email@example.com. Call 845 340 9632 with any questions
- all accommodations
- 4 breakfasts, 2-3 lunches, and 2 gourmet dinners with wine at first location
- all transport for day outings
- transfer from 1st location to second location
- entry fees to sacred and cultural sites and gardens
- my watercolor instruction and circle leadership, meditation
- an evening of traditional Irish music
What is not included:
- transport from your arrival in Ireland to first location – allow approximately 50 Euro for private coach pickup from Dublin airport
- all meals in Dingle (ballpark to add to your budget approximately $200 depending on how much you tend to spend on food and drink.) Restaurants nearby are reasonable and our shared food at the house maybe $50 each max.
- transport to your departure airport (either Shannon or Dublin – Melissa can make affordable airport hotel suggestions
Cancellation Policy –
A refund will be offered for any medical issue and/or emergency, less a $500 administrative fee. Non-refundable payments have been issued in advance to my vendors making it necessary for me to retain partial payment to cover these costs. With months of planning to make this a most special retreat, I will do my best to honor emergencies.
Your first payment authorizes that you understand this refund policy, commit to payment in full and take full responsibility for your personal choices and safety while you travel. Travel insurance is required. It is suggested that you purchase this upon booking. Check to make sure what your insurance covers.
- If you need to cancel before June 15, 2022, your payments less a cancellation fee of $500 will be refunded.
- There are no refunds after June 15th, 2022.
- If it becomes necessary to cancel the retreat for any reason, all payments will be refunded in full
In the event of cancellation, you may find another person to take your place on the trip provided they agree to the terms of this agreement and after an interview between the person and Melissa whereupon it is decided that the trip is agreeable with both parties.
Air travel to and from the retreat is not included. but we will have a “Share a Ride” van available from Dublin. Melissa can make suggestions on return travel. It is suggested that you may want to do your flights “a la carte ” and fly into Dublin and out of Shannon if at all possible. There are public buses that serve both areas. For any travel questions consult Melissa 845 340 9632 firstname.lastname@example.org