No products in the cart.
Art & Spirit in Ireland – a Watercolor Pilgrimage to Sacred Sites in Magical Ireland May 22 – May 30 2018
This is an invitation to those of you who would like to explore your creativity with like-minded, adventurous women in magical Ireland. Come with us and experience the beauty of Ireland in its’ best season, when the bursting flowers add more color to the emerald green landscape and the dazzling coastline welcomes us. We will delight in the charm of old Ireland, including some authentic Irish music while learning or fine- tuning the art of watercolor. This is a spiritual retreat where we make art (both process painting as well as plein air). No previous experience in art or with this medium is required. A supply list will be emailed to you upon registration.
Don’t allow your fears of “I’m not an artist” or “I haven’t painted in years” to prevent you from missing this opportunity of a lifetime. My gifts as an intuitive help me to create nurturing environments for the part of your spirit that wants to emerge to blossom.
We will convene in circles and at sacred sites to encourage our creative visions to emerge. Meditation at these places will help us to connect with the spirit of the land.
This will be a very small group. If you are interested register early!
Ireland is a very “thin place”. What is a thin place? It’s a place where the veils between this world and others are thin, a gateway to the other world, if you will. Thin places are subjective. For example, I may not feel particularly sensitive to strong energies in the same spot that you might. I have selected places for us on this tour that affected me profoundly; I’m enthusiastic about sharing them with you.
My nomadic nature has taken me to locations that have tugged at the edges of my soul, including numerous thin places. The oldest Goddess temples in Malta, the many sacred sites in Cornwall England, Findhorn, and other thin places in Scotland have beckoned and received my curious spirit. I’ve spent hours meditating at these spots, allowing the mystery and energies of the places to soak in while painting on site. I’m forever changed each time I do this.
Now I am excited to bring the richness of this experience to you!
As with any of my events activities are planned but I follow the flow and energies of those attending so these plans are always subject to change. The basic structure of the retreat will stay in place. I chose our locations based on geography, beauty, and comfort. The rates are based on doubles. There are limited singles. If you need a single the earlier you let me know the better and I will do my best to accommodate you.
During our days together I will be sensitive to your need to stay quiet at times or rest. You will not be required to do more than you are comfortable with and I am including some time to be still and integrate. You are welcome to opt out on any given activity if your body/mind says “stop, I need a break!”
What our time together will look like:
STOP 1 – THE MAGICAL MIDLANDS OF IRELAND – 4 nights in a luxury Bed and Breakfast (Lough Bawn House) in Ireland’s Lake district. Here we will be able to relax and be pampered with food prepared and often raised by our gracious host.
- Beautiful home, grounds, and food locally sourced and prepared by our gourmet host. Meals here will include all breakfasts and 2 specially prepared dinners.
- Relaxing here with peacocks and-freedom to roam the grounds enjoying views at the top of the hill or down at the pond.
- New Grange, Ireland’s 5,200 year old passage tomb located in the Boyne Valley in Ireland’s Ancient East.
- Tullynally Castle and Gardens – A seventeenth century Gothic revival castle with an eighteenth & nineteenth century park. and tearoom.
- Loughcrew – Loughcrew House and Gardens are a 17th and 19th Century Irish landscape steeped in compelling history, with numerous scenic gardens. This surrounding country is also home to some of Ireland’s oldest archaeological treasures, and a site of enormous historical and religious significance. The Cairns are megalithic structures originally built about 4000 BC as burial chambers. There are stone circles too, one that particularly affected me.
Next, we are off to Dingle Peninsula by private bus. On our drive we will stop at the wonderful Burren Perfumery – featuring their home made perfumes, lotions, soaps and more. We will enjoy a spot of tea at the rose covered tearoom and you can also walk through their herb garden.
We arrive at our privately owned lodge in Dingle Peninsula and head off to a fun dinner at a local tavern. By the time we arrive here we may need some down time or retail therapy so besides the below skeleton structure I am building in time for our other needs.
The Lodge is located on the Dingle Peninsula just 30 minutes drive from Killarney and Tralee, and 20 minutes east of the coastal tourist and holiday town of Dingle. It is in a fantastic seaside location on an elevated site above four miles of sandy beach and dunes called Inch Strand.
In Dingle we are housed in a large retreat center complete with conservatories and a large lounge with spectacular views over Dingle Bay, the Atlantic Ocean and Ireland’s highest mountain range, the MacGillicuddy’s Reeks. The lodge has a huge private kitchen. We will take turns making breakfasts and lunches (lunches when we are not on outings). Dinners will be at a local Inn 5 minutes walking distance, a clean and friendly restaurant, a real taste of Ireland.
- Time at Inch Strand – a 5km-long sand spit and dune system extending into Dingle Bay. This stupendous beach has attracted film directors as well as surfers– it has appeared in the movies Ryan’s Daughter(1970), Excalibur (1981) and Far and Away (1992), among others.
- meditation in the beautiful sun room before we begin our creations, both inner and outer
- scenic drives such as the one around Slea Head Loop
- enjoying some music! Dingle is one of the most vibrant centers for traditional Irish music
I’ve managed to put this amazing pilgrimage together at a very reasonable price of $2100
One- time payment of $2100 in full or $300 deposit and 6 remaining payments of $300 each if paid by check (preferred and no credit card commission). Add an additional 4% commission as noted below if paying online. If you need to make different arrangements connect with Melissa email@example.com Make checks out to Melissa Harris and send to PO Box 56 West Hurley, NY 12491 Call 845 340 9632 with any questions.
What is included:
- all accommodations
- all breakfasts and 2 dinners at first location
- all transport for day outings
- transfer from 1st location to second location
- if you fly out of Shannon your last night at the lodge is covered
- 7 days of my watercolor instruction and circle leadership, meditation, (the workshop itself)
What is not included:
- transport from your arrival in Ireland to first location ( contact Melissa for options on how to get there)
- lunches and 2 dinners in our first location
- entry fees
- all meals in Dingle
- transport back to Dublin if you are flying out of Dublin
- last night hotel in Dublin. Melissa can make affordable airport hotel suggestions
Refund policy is stated below:
With months of planning to make this a most special retreat, I will do my best to honor emergencies. A refund will be offered for any medical issue and/or emergency, less a $250 administrative fee, before January 1 2018. After that time a refund cannot be offered.
Your first payment authorizes that you understand this refund policy, commit to payment in full and take full responsibility for your personal choices and safety while you travel.
Travel insurance is reasonably priced and recommended when you book your flight.
Air travel to and from the retreat is not included. but we will have a “Share a Ride” bus from Dublin on May 22 available and a return private coach from Dingle to Dublin with a stop at the Cliffs of Moher available on May 30th if enough people are interested. There are also public buses that serve both areas. For any travel questions consult Melissa 845 340 9632 firstname.lastname@example.org